mercoledì 24 marzo 2010

First of all....

...I have to thank a great man: Ricky Lee Brawn, one of the men behind the birth of this band, The Stargazers.
As I'm trying to write what I have in mind right now, I have to say that Rick has been very helpful, easy and friendly for me in the last 13-14 years: he provided me with many infos about the band in which he was the drummer, wrote me a long letter with every line up the band had, from the heydays to the last one, and replied to every email I sent to him in the last times.

I used these informations he gave me to write an extensive feature (splitted in two issues) about The Stargazers for Jamboree magazine in 1996.
Thank you so much, Rick!

The idea to build a collectors-oriented page came to me simply because I loved Stargazers' music since my first memory of hearing something from them: it happened at a rock'n'roll party held in a place in the very centre of Milano (Italy) in 1988.
The DJ behind the desk was a great one: he was famous for his knowledge in rockabilly and rock'n'roll at that time, and when I heard "Swingin' Aye" I jumped by the deck and asked him to show me the sleeve of the current record, and he gave me this wonderful 12" colour envelope with "Watch This Space" written on.
As it was a bit dark in this place, I didn't read the band's name on the sleeve, so he gave me a light, and I'd read "The Stargazers".
That DJ was Little Victor.

The following year I went to Zurich, in a shop called "Upstairs", and bought this LP plus another one from the same band, called "Hello Everybody Jump Around".
These records had a great influence on me in terms of taste for music.
Today, I play drums with a Trixon kit from the late '50s (sadly, not a red Speedfire from 1957).

2 commenti:

  1. Hi dear FranDee , we lookin'at this blogspot & i'm too much crazy !!! i'm a old fan of Stagazers & this blogspot are only 'Fantastic' !!!! FrankDee , we promote Stargazers in the 80's & have more informations about the band : contact me at ghostrider0981@hotmail.fr or http://oldschoolrockabilly.blogspot.com ricky

    RispondiElimina
  2. Amazing blog! I'm a huge fan of the Stargazers and was thinking aboutwriting a story of the band for my own website www.jumpingfrom6to6.com

    Thanks!

    RispondiElimina